Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A Cold, Rainy Day

The sun is gone again. I can always tell when the sun isn't shining because the house seems so cold and dark. But I do love days like this because I love to cook hot soups and stews and homemade biscuits. Which reminds me, this has to be short because I have to make some biscuits before Corey gets home from work. I've missed him today! Most days I can talk to him throughout the day when I have time, but he's been training in Dallas all week and I'm lucky to hear from him once during the day. At least it makes me that much more anxious to see him when he comes home. I love how excited the girls are when he walks in the door. I suppose that's another reason that I feel so blessed to be home with them, because I get to see that! They have been sick this week, each with a different virus. Andie with more snot than I knew a toddler could produce, a deep cough, fever and rash on her cheeks. I assume it's Fifth Disease, not a big deal but pretty uncomfortable for her. Avery on the other hand has the tummy virus. Not really a fever but moderate vomit, small appetite and major lethargy. Poor thing!! I love to snuggle when she's this way and I love the slower pace, but it sure is nice to see her sweet, bubbly, energetic self come back. I think we're over the worst of it. At least it hit at once...now I'm just praying that they don't trade!! I suppose I don't have time to write all of the things on my mind. I've got to get those biscuits going! Maybe I'll check back in sooner than later!

No comments:

Post a Comment