Saturday, December 19, 2009

I just can't believe that it's already been a year since I last posted a blog. I suppose I can't call myself a blogger!! There's really no particular reason for this post, other than the fact that I've been up making Christmas treats and I'm not tired and I just feel like writing.

It has been a busy year for our family. It's no wonder that it has passed so quickly. The girls have grown tremendously and become even more precious to me. It's funny how so many things can grow with time. Not only children, but a relationship, a love or a marriage. Time has a way of deepening the meaning of some things and teaching us things we would have never understood had time not gone by. Corey and I celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary last weekend. How monumental that feels in a world where today so many marriages fail in the first few years. Not only does it feel like a relief that we've made it that far, but even more than that, it feels like I'm so much more in love with this man that I was positive I loved 5 years ago. My love has found so many new meanings. Now I understand that love is so much more than a feeling, it's an action. And I've learned that the action doesn't always evoke a feeling....but sometimes it really does! I've learned how much forgiveness can soften a heartache and dissolve expectations that were so highly set, and how big of a thrill can be felt when you watch a man cherish his daughters. How blessed we are that our Creator gave us love, demonstrated and taught love, and gave us marriage, children and family. My marriage and my children are the things that have been the largest lesson of my life and continue to be. They have raised every emotion within me from joy, contentment and elation to frustration, fear and hurt. It is a wonderful gift to enter into marriage and an even more wonderful gift to be married to such an amazing man. The words we spoke on our wedding day mean more now than they did then because we have experienced them. How deep, how precious, how lasting is our love!

No comments:

Post a Comment