Friday, February 5, 2010

Thirsting for God

God has put something on my heart recently. It came to my mind, the idea of what it really means to "thirst" for God. Of course it's an easy answer....you want God really bad right? The more I pondered this, the more ideas kept coming to mind about how I would go about "thirsting" for God. What if I took a chunk of my time and devoted it to this thirst. What if I did some sort of rehab where I focused my attention and actions and being on a genuine thirst for God and all his righteousness and love. How could my heart and life and world be different for myself and those around me? As I prayed about this I started to write down different ideas and plans for a daily devotion. Things like limiting negative influences, setting an exact time for your devotion and following through but continuing a prayerful attitude and thirst throughout the day. There would be focus on "Thirsting to Love", "Thirsting to Serve", all of these falling under the "Thirst for God" theme. I began searching for scriptures pertaining to thirst and desire for God. I found some beautiful things! I'm still brainstorming ideas of how to put together some sort of 30 day thirsting challenge. I'd like a lot of women to be involved with me and we can do it together. Communicate through the blog, comment, encourage each other. On the blog there would be a daily scripture, thought, focus, and encouragement for the day. I really feel like this is something that could change so many peoples outlook and focus which in turn would change their environment. Who couldn't stand a little rehabilitation in our God seeking department? Hopefully I'll have more details soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment